Gyakori kérdések a nyelvvizsgáról

How are language tests the same and how are they different?

Accredited national or international exam?
Accredited language exam

Exams recognised by the Hungarian state, e.g.: for extra points at higher education admission, for the receipt of a diploma, etc. These include both domestic (e.g.: BME, Origo, Pannon, Euro etc…) and foreign (e.g.: telc, Goethe, ÖSD etc…) exams.

International language exam

As the European Union does not have a single legal framework for the recognition of language exams, there is no language exam that is recognised in the same way in all countries. The acceptance of a certificate issued by a language examination system may therefore vary from one country to another.

However, several language exams are accepted in many countries and have gained international recognition. It is worth finding out which exams are accepted where and for what purposes, before choosing an exam type.

The solution is telc, the 2 in 1 exam.

What does it mean? What’s good about it? You can get two certificates, accredited and international, in one exam.

Nemzetközi és magyar nyelvvizsga-bizonyítvány

The Telc language examination system, developed abroad, has a history of more than 50 years and is also recognised in Hungary. Telc exams are held in 25 countries worldwide.

Read about telc’s history here: https://telc.hu/a-telc-tortenete/

See exam locations here: https://www.telc.net/en/candidates/find-examination-centre.html

Plan for the long term.

Many people face the prospect of having to take a language test for extra points when preparing for university. This is when you often hear from students: “I don’t care what kind of language exam, as long as I get extra points for it!”

Don’t just think in the present.  Your language skills and the language certificate you earn are an investment in the future. After the university years you will see the benefits of an accredited and international language certificate in the job market:

  • • in foreign companies operating in our country: internships, scholarships, study trips, job opportunities,
  • • abroad: for university studies, employment, permanent residence.

An example:

In German-speaking countries, foreign workers may be required to have a suitable German-language exam in order to work as a doctor or nurse. Thus, if you are planning to study a medical specialisation, choosing this exam will make it much easier for your qualifications to be accepted abroad in the future.

If you want your language skills to be recognised as widely as possible in the future, you should choose an accredited (accepted in your country) and internationally recognised language exam. With a successful complex telc exam you can get two certificates.  An international qualification on your CV is a credible proof of your language skills, which will increase your chances on the international stage.

Find out more about its reputation here:



Exam fees

Compare the fees for an exam that gives you one certificate (valid in Hungary), with the fees for two (Hungarian and international) certificates (e.g. telc exam). This is how it looks like for the most popular general B2 exams at the moment:

BME: 30.000 HUF

Origó: 33.000 HUF

Pannon: 28.000 HUF+ 2000-3500 HUF registration fee

telc: 37.800 HUF

It can be seen that it is preferable to choose the two-certificate telc exam for a nearly similar exam fee.


Lépjen velünk kapcsolatba: