Gyakori kérdések a nyelvvizsgáról

Which type of language test should you choose?

Find out which type of language test is right for you

We help you find your way through the maze of language exams. We summarise the most important information to help you navigate between exams.

You can also find tips and advice to help you choose the exam that best suits your skills and goals.

Accredited or international exam?
Accredited language exam

Exams recognised by the Hungarian state, e.g.: for for extra points in higher education admission, for the receipt of a diploma, etc. These include both national (e.g. BME, Origo, Pannon, Euro, etc…) and foreign (e.g. telc, Goethe, ÖSD, etc…) ones.

International language exam

As the European Union does not have a single legal framework for the recognition of language exams, there is no language exam that is recognised in the same way in all countries. The acceptance of a certificate issued by a language examination system may therefore vary from one country to another.

However, a number of language exams are also accepted in several countries and have gained international recognition. It is worth finding out which exams are accepted where and for what purposes, before you choose an exam type.

The solution is telc, the 2 in 1 exam.

What does it mean? What’s good about it? You can get two, accredited and international, certificates in one exam.


A külföldi fejlesztésű telc nyelvvizsgarendszer több mint 50 éves múltra tekint vissza, vizsgáit hazánkban is elismerik. Világszerte 25 országban tesznek telc vizsgát.

See the exam locations here:


Plan for the long term

Many people face the prospect of having to take a language test for extra points when preparing for university. This is when you often hear from students: “I don’t care what type of exam, as long as I get extra points for it!”

Don’t just think in the present.  Your language skills and the language certificate you earn are an investment in the future. After the university years you will see the benefits of an accredited and international language certificate in the job market:

  • • in foreign companies operating in our country: internships, scholarships, study trips, job opportunities,
  • • abroad: for university studies, employment, permanent residence.

An example:

In German-speaking countries, foreign workers may be required to have a suitable German-language exam in order to work as a doctor or nurse. Thus, if you are planning to study a medical specialisation, choosing this exam will make it much easier for your qualifications to be accepted abroad in the future.

If you want your language skills to be recognised as widely as possible in the future, you should choose an accredited (accepted in your country) and internationally recognised language exam. With a successful complex telc exam you can get two certificates.  An international qualification on your CV is a credible proof of your language skills, which will increase your chances on the international stage.

Find out more about its reputation here:


Exam fees

Compare the fees for an exam that gives you one certificate (valid in Hungary), with the fees for two (Hungarian and international) certificates (e.g. telc exam). This is how it looks like for the most popular general B2 exams at the moment:

BME: 35.000 HUF

Pannon: 28.000 HUF+ 2000-3500 HUF registration fee

telc: 38.800 HUF

It can be seen that it is preferable to choose the two-certificate telc exam for a nearly similar exam fee.


Lépjen velünk kapcsolatba: